Friday, January 15, 2016

Postcrossing Meetup (Received Cards): ELENA from the UK

The fifth card we have received was sent by Elena from Saint Albans, a city in Herfordshire, England.


Elena has sent us a gorgeous large-sized card of  The Shambles, a quaint old street in Oxford with timber-framed buildings.  




The content of Elena's card is as beautiful as the card itself. She tells us about what writing means for her, both as a learning experience (to learn about others and about herself) and as a way to come to terms with her own emotions. On a personal level, Elena, I totally agree with both functions of writing to others. Even though I keep a journal, which helps me reflect, when I am writing with a recipient (other than myself) in mind, it helps me organise my own thoughts and put my own feelings and experiences into perspective.

I am sure that is the case for many of you letter and postcard writers out there, right?

Thank you, Elena, for your generosity in sending this card and sharing an intimate piece of yourself in your card too!

No comments:

Post a Comment