Friday, May 13, 2016

Epitaphs (IV): Posthumous Letters in Catoira

On a recent trip to EOI Vilagarcía to perform The Hadleigh Hall Inheritance with our theatre group, Seize the Day, I arrived a little early to our meeting point in Catoira, so I decided to take a peek at its cemetery. It seems that there was an older part (see fourth photograph below), which I thought was quite beautiful and open, and a later expansion with tall niche walls as is the trend now.

There were some interesting posthumous letters which I am including below.




The original cemetery (older part)






A classic but still powerful
Beautiful poem for this beloved woman, but come on, people: "aVoa"
This reminded me of a song by António Zambujo, "Zamba del olvido": "Yo digo que el tiempo borra / La huella de una mirada, / Mi zamba dice: no hay huella / Que dure más en el alma"


An Italian in Catoira?

No comments:

Post a Comment